Tuesday 13 March 2012

Project Update- Character

Sorry for the delay in posts recently, deadlines are fast approaching!
Here is a quick catch up with the character (not going too in depth, I'm saving that for the dissertation!):
 
For my main character I am using the highly customisable Morpheus rig. This is mainly because I am not a rigger or a strong modeller, so it allows me to quickly mould my character into the rig. I've modelled the hair onto her, and her clothes. I had some issues with altering the Morpheus rig's textures but after reading tons of forums I found the answers I needed.


It took a while to get the hair looking as close to her designs as possible, but it's turned out pretty nicely and I'm very happy with it.



Currently I've just finished skinning the jacket to Bea, and I also decided to give her a skirt made with ncloth. Which currently works really well:




However I haven't got much time for testing so I will have to animate her doing a walk, in my scene, and take it from there. If I get too many problems I will just stick to a mesh deformer and simple model skirt. I just have to figure out how to constrain the dress to her and I can start texturing!


No comments:

Post a Comment